Registration Procedure (for Schools)
- School registration is required for your students to participate in this competition.
- Please find registration form attached or school teacher in-charge can download the registration form from www.magazines88.com/miywa/form. School may have multiple registration completed by individual teachers.
- Please submit the registration form by email to [email protected] no later than 30 November 2022.
- Only students from pre-registered schools of Hong Kong & Macau are eligible to participation.
- Students should submit their work through the school teacher-in-charge. No individual submission will be accepted.
- Upon registration completion, your school will receive a confirmation email with instruction on the submission process.
Submission Instructions (for Students)
- Once your school has registered, we will accept submission between 1 December 2022 – 28 February 2023.
- Each participant should submit one entry only. Multiple entries from single participant will be disqualified.
- Teacher-in-charge to collect and submit all entries of each section by one time on or before 28th February 2023. Please submit by email to [email protected], along with a summary submission form (download form at www.magazines88.com/miywa/form).
- Late submission will not be considered.
Entrants will be divided into 2 sections with selected topic as follow:
|Section||Level of Study||Topic of Writing||Word Limits|
|S.1-S.3 (Year 7-9)||If you became a millionaire, how would you spend wisely for your financial future?|| 400 – 600|
|S.4-S.6 (Year 10-13)||Do you think mobile games are addictive and why?||
- Students should read the reference article provided by publisher and write on the topic.Please refer to above link or visit our website www.magazines88.com/miywa for the topic article of each section.
- Student are encouraged to create a magazine cover (PDF format only, in portrait) which relates to their topic of writing to express their feeling and creativity.
- Students are given option either to submit
- 1) both written and cover design entries
or 2) written entries only
- Cover design without written entries will not be accepted.
Reference materials (for Students)
There are two sections for entry: Junior section for S1-S3 (Year 7-9) and Senior section for S.4-S.6 (Year 10-13). This year, the topic for Junior section is “ If you became a millionaire, how would you spend wisely for your financial future? ” and for Senior section is “ Do you think mobile games are addictive and why? ” Students are required to read the reference articles provided by publisher and write on the topic. We also encourage students to create a magazine cover which relate to their writing topic to develop their expression and creativity.
Junior session (Live magazine, Feb 2022 issue)
Senior session (All+ magazine, Jun 2022 issue)
Submission Format (For Writing Entries)
- In word document format only, must be in 12-point Times New Roman and have single line and word spacing.
- The entries must only feature the topic and written text of the students’ work.
** Do Not include student/ teacher names or school name in entry
- Each word document attached must be properly named with School Name, Student’s full name, Class & Class no, and Section of entry. e.g. ABCschool_ChanTaiManChris_1A24_Junior.doc
- Please do not insert pictures, backgrounds, borders, etc. They will not attribute to extra marks as we are only interested in the student’s writing. The MIYWA team will manage the publishing process and ensure the entries look attractive and consistent in the final publications.
Submission Format (For Magazine Cover Design Entries)
- In JPEG or PDF format, portrait design
- The magazine cover must only feature the topic of the students’ work
** Do not include student/ teacher names or school name in cover
- Each PDF or JPEG attached must be properly named with School Name, Student’s full name, Class & Class no, and Section of entry. e.g. ABCschool_ChanTaiManChris_1A24_Junior.pdf / jpeg
- E-vote of The Most Creative Cover Award will be opening between 20th March to 28th April 2023 via our website www.magazines88.com/miywa or social media channel. Please stay tune for the e-vote details.
Cover design – Cover sample with cover frame
※ Please download cover frame (PDF format) here
Competition Rules & Regulations
- By entering this competition, students are deemed to have accepted all the terms and conditions.
- Entries must be the ‘original work’ and have not submitted to any other competitions.
- If any plagiarism or copyright infringement is found, the contestants will be disqualified, all prizes and award will be required to return. Entrants are responsible for plagiarism or copyright infringement. The competition organizers will not be responsible for breach of any copyright or other third-party rights by entrants.
- At the discretion of the ‘competition organizer’, entries containing defamatory, offensive, obscene, inappropriate or illegal content will be disqualified.
- The winning entries will be selecting by a panel of judges. The judges’ decisions are final and irrefutable.
- All entries will be submitted to the judges by anonymous evaluation. All works will be judged and selected based on the‘Judging Criteria’ outlined.
- The entrants shall retain all ownership rights in any entry to MI Young Writer Awards. However, by submitting the entry, the entrant grants the organizer a universal, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, adapt, reformat, translate and otherwise exploit and perform all or any portion of the entry for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, in connection with promotion of the Competition Organizers and MI Young Writer Awards’ activities in any and all media formats and through any and all media distribution, advertising and promotional purposes without notification, credit or other obligation to the entrant. But this is not to the detriment of the entrant’s character or reputation.
- By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow, and consent to, the Competition Organizers’ use of, and right to publish, entrant’s name, photographs, images, all personal and other information (if applicable) for purposes of the Competition Organizers, promotional and news purposes (including use in printed publications, editorial and PR activities, and websites) related to this competition.
- The Competition Organizers reserve the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions without prior notice shall unforeseen circumstances call for necessary changes. All amendments will be published on Organizers’ website (www.magazines88.com/miywa).