Registration Procedure (for Schools)
- School registration is required for your students to participate in this competition.
- Please find registration form attached or school teacher in-charge can download the registration form from www.magazines88.com/miywa/form. School may have multiple registration completed by individual teachers.
- Please submit the registration form by email to [email protected] no later than 30 November 2020.
- Only students from pre-registered schools of Hong Kong are eligible to participation.
- Students should submit their work through the school teacher-in-charge. No individual submission will be accepted.
- Upon registration completion, your school will receive a confirmation email with instruction on the submission process.
Submission Instructions (for Students)
- Once your school has registered, we will accept submission between 1 December 2020 – 28 February 2021.
- Each participant should submit one entry only. Multiple entries from single participant will be disqualified.
- For entries submission, teachers must attach a completed “Summary Submission Form” together with the entries and submit by one time on or before 28 February 2021. Please submit by email to [email protected]
- Late submission will not be considered.
“Register & Summary Submission Form” can be download below:
Registration Form for School (For Teachers)
Summary Submission Form (For Teachers)
Entrants will be divided into 2 sections with selected topic as follow:
|Section||Level of Study||Topic of Writing||Word Limits|
|S.1-S.3 (Year 7-9)||Do you prefer online education or classroom life? And why?|
| 400 – 600|
|S.4-S.6 (Year 10-13)||What is the impact of this global epidemic to you? Any lesson learnt?|
- Students should read the reference article provided by publisher and write on the topic.
- Student are encouraged to create a magazine cover (PDF format only, in portrait) which relates to their topic of writing to express their feeling and creativity.
- Students are given option either to submit
- 1) both written and cover design entries
or 2) written entries only
- Cover design without written entries will not be accepted.
Submission Format (For Writing Entries)
- In word document format only, must be in 12-point Times New Roman and have single line and word spacing.
- The entries must only feature the topic and written text of the students’ work.
** Do Not include student/ teacher names or school name in entry
- Each word document attached must be properly named with School Name, Student’s full name, Class & Class no, and Section of entry. e.g. ABCschool_ChanTaiManChris_1A24_Junior.doc
- Please do not insert pictures, backgrounds, borders, etc. They will not attribute to extra marks as we are only interested in the student’s writing. The MIYWA team will manage the publishing process and ensure the entries look attractive and consistent in the final publications.
Submission Format (For Magazine Cover Design Entries)
- In JPEG or PDF format only, portrait design
- Please click here for the LiveABC interactive magazine covers for reference.
- The magazine cover must only feature the topic of the students’ work
** Do Not include student/ teacher names or school name in cover
- Each PDF attached must be properly named with School Name, Student’s full name, Class & Class no, and Section of entry. e.g. ABCschool_ChanTaiManChris_1A24_Junior.pdf
- E-vote of The Most Creative Cover Award will be opening between 22 March to 30 April 2021 via our website www.magazines88.com/miywa or social media channel. Please stay tune for the e-vote details.
Competition Rules & Regulations
- By entering this competition, students are deemed to have accepted all the terms and conditions.
- Entries must be the ‘original work’ and have not submitted to any other competitions.
- If any plagiarism or copyright infringement is found, the contestants will be disqualified, all prizes and award will be required to return. Entrants are responsible for plagiarism or copyright infringement. The competition organizers will not be responsible for breach of any copyright or other third-party rights by entrants.
- At the discretion of the ‘competition organizer’, entries containing defamatory, offensive, obscene, inappropriate or illegal content will be disqualified.
- The winning entries will be selecting by a panel of judges. The judges’ decisions are final and irrefutable.
- All entries will be submitted to the judges by anonymous evaluation. All works will be judged and selected based on the‘Judging Criteria’ outlined.
- The entrants shall retain all ownership rights in any entry to MI Young Writer Awards. However, by submitting the entry, the entrant grants the organizer a universal, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, adapt, reformat, translate and otherwise exploit and perform all or any portion of the entry for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, in connection with promotion of the Competition Organizers and MI Young Writer Awards’ activities in any and all media formats and through any and all media distribution, advertising and promotional purposes without notification, credit or other obligation to the entrant. But this is not to the detriment of the entrant’s character or reputation.
- By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow, and consent to, the Competition Organizers’ use of, and right to publish, entrant’s name, photographs, images, all personal and other information (if applicable) for purposes of the Competition Organizers, promotional and news purposes (including use in printed publications, editorial and PR activities, and websites) related to this competition.
- The Competition Organizers reserve the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions without prior notice shall unforeseen circumstances call for necessary changes. All amendments will be published on Organizers’ website (www.magazines88.com/miywa).